POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : A Garden for My Lady : Re: A Garden for My Lady Server Time
16 Aug 2024 14:20:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A Garden for My Lady
From: Mick Hazelgrove
Date: 24 Feb 2002 12:28:07
Message: <3c7922a7@news.povray.org>
"Christoph Hormann"wrote:

> Some parts look very good i think, esp. the rock on the left, how did you
> do it?

Thanks, it was made in amorphium. It's about the only thing I can get it to do!

> There is a bit of the scale problem with the heron(?), the wolf and maybe
> the butterflies (although those could be very near to the camera).

I agree

> I also wonder about the lighting, the sun seems to be shining, but the
> contrasts are extremely low apart from the bridge.  I can hardly see any
> shadows.

I think there may be a problem with how others see the image in comparison to how I
see the colour - I have yet to properly
calibrate my monitor and get the gamma right.

I think that's due to the grass hiding the shadows

> How are the trees made, it's a bit difficult to see at that distance.

They are meshes and triangles. Made in X-Frog. Everything else apart from the Poser
figures waas modelled in Rhino.

Mick